Health of the FutureIncreasing threats from pandemics, non-communicable diseases, environmental health and over-burdened health systems alongside persistent health challenges such as water and sanitation are stretching the system. How can we more effectively meet complex health crises?
Considerations and tension points for the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- How can RCRC take advantage of new health innovation technology rapidly to change how we treat medical issues, and also how we better predict and prevent disease outbreak?
- What changes to regional and global operating models and tools will be required of the Red Cross and Red Crescent to meet more effectively the needs of expanding or rapidly emerging health crises?
- What role will National Societies have to play in their domestic arenas amidst a backdrop of rising health costs and challenges? Where will the financing and workforce come from to meet these needs?
What are your thoughts?
– Are there other elements to this trend that we should be considering?
– How do you think it will affect vulnerability and the Red Cross and Red Crescent? Leave your comments below